Monday, September 20, 2010

"Retirement, a time to enjoy all the things you never had time to do when you worked"...

....like spending time with my boys! Well, many new things have been going on lately...but probably the BIGGEST is that I will be "retiring" from my job on October 8. Yep! Last day with Pulte will be Oct 8th, and then I will be staying home with my little man every day. It's so exciting & we could not feel more incredibly blessed to be able to do this. Reed is super excited as well! It will definitely be a shift from what we have been used to, but I think I can handle it :). Now, I have so many things to do....organizing the office, cleaning out some closets, begin morning yoga classes....the list could go on & on :)

And Reed....well he is as nuts as ever. He has really started talking lately! ....or should I say "talking". Regardless, his vocabulary has really exploded just within the last few weeks. He says all kinds of new sounds. It's like he just figured out that he could make all kinds of different sounds & now practices on them daily. He mimics everything! He drank root beer the other day (thank you Christie Smith), and now says "roo roo". Just yesterday, I was talking to Jon & in our conversation I said something and then said "oh crap" And then my little mini-me next to me all of a sudden started saying "ccccaaa ccccaaa". So...I guess this might be a GREAT time to begin watching what we say??

Here are a few recent pics:
Could someone please tell me when he turned into a little MAN?!
Reed in his new preppy Polo jeans - Thanks Grampi & Grammi :) He looks pretty frat-tastic.
Speaking of "mimicing", this is Reed mimicing Cali. Cali found a spot on the patio that had accumulated some water & licked it up. Reed saw her and well....
I was out of town last week for work. This was the pic Jon sent me of Reed after just waking up one morning :) Getting some fresh air before the morning sun gets too hot.


Friday Night Lights with Dad! Reed's first live football game...he was AMAZED with everything going on on the field.


When the house gets too quiet, something is usually wrong....except in this case :) Jon found Reed reading by himself on the couch.

No comments: